|Belkin Conserve Surge with Timer Awarded Silver and Bronze International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA)|
|Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 01:17:00 PM|
- June 25, 2010 - Belkin today announced that it has won the prestigious IDEA Award, presented by Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA), a world leader in design innovation technologies. Belkin's Conserve Surge with Timer received a silver IDEA Award in the Packaging & Graphics category, and a bronze IDEA Award in the Commercial & Industrial Products category. The Conserve Surge with Timer is a cost-saving business solution that helps reduce energy wasted by office electronics.
Belkin began competing in 2002 and has received a total of 13 IDEA Awards, with the last eight awards occurring in the past five years. Belkin's award-winning design team also made Fast Company's Top "Corporate" Winners list of companies who have won the most awards in the past five years.
The 2010 IDEA jury, made up of 18 world-renowned designers and design thinkers, spent weeks previewing entries online and two-and-a-half days of face-focused on eight areas of industrial design excellence: innovation; benefit to the user; benefit to society and natural ecology; benefit to the client; visual appeal and appropriate aesthetics; usability testing; rigor and reliability for the design research category; and internal factors, methods, and implementation for the design strategy category.
Conserve Surge with Timer
* Built-in timer automatically eliminates wasted "standby power" consumption
+ Timer automatically turns off electronics plugged into the "auto off"outlets after 11 hours, requiring little to no effort on the part of the employee
+ Six "auto off" outlets for devices not requiring constant power, e.g., monitors, lamps, and printers
+ Two "always on" outlets for PCs and other electronics requiring constant power
+ One-touch on/off button sits on the desktop to control "auto off" outlets
* Designed for high-density, user-intensive office environments
* Instructional leave-behind card provides employee education and engagement
* Fold-flat packaging improves time to deploy
* User-driven, intuitive design helps eliminate tech-support calls
* Progressive Ð Empowers employees to participate in energy savings and cost reduction right at their workstations.
* Automatic Ð Energy-cost reduction is hassle-free with the built-in timer, which turns off electronics automatically.
* Intuitive Ð Designed with office environments in mind, the single-button solution is easy to install and non-intrusive to the workspace.